Thursday, December 6, 2012

Catching Up

I feel like it's been for-ev-er since I last posted, when in reality it's only been 10 days. So much has happened in these 10 days though...

We've been busy decorating our home for the Christmas season - it's officially the most wonderful time of the year! I love Christmas - so many fun traditions and family time, but ultimately celebrating Jesus's birth. So thankful that He was born 2000+ years ago, lived a sinless life for 33 years and defeated death as the perfect sacrifice - all on our behalf. What a sobering reality, but one that gives us the hope of an eternal relationship with the Lord. Wow!

I'm also happy to say I've returned to the nonprofit fundraising world - this was the industry in which I worked BC (before Caleb). This opportunity couldn't have been a more clear or quick answer to prayer. I started considering returning to work (outside the home) about 2 months ago. I brought the thought to Tim, and he was very supportive. We agreed that the perfect scenario would be a 10-hour part time position that would allow me to work from home. We decided to think and pray about it for 2 weeks. This next part is crazy. On day 13 of the 14 days of prayer, I received an email from a former collegue. He mentioned that his dad (who is a prominent figure in the nonprofit fundraising world) was starting a new fundraising consulting company and was looking for part-time help. Get this - he lives 2 blocks away from me and was looking for someone to work 10 hours from home! Say what?! It could.not.be.more.perfect. I started this arrangement at the beginning of November. And even though it's only a handful of hours each week, these used to be valuable clean-the-house and blogging hours. Needless to say, the house is a mess and the blog has been neglected. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to do it all, but I'm hoping that once all of the Christmas shopping is done, life will slow down a bit. It doesn't help that our poor little babe caught the stomach flu, making today a "throw the crap-covered onesie away, go straight to the bathtub, blow through 5 outfits, throw up all over mom and dad multiple times" kind of day. :(

But alas, here is what you probably came to see - the pics! This is another area where I've been slacking, so I only have a few from our Christmas tree extravaganza:








Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree... (that's all I know)

We received a complete Christmas village from Tim's Aunt. We're still debating whether spending
hours taking each piece out of the box and setting it in the perfect spot will be an annual tradition. 










No comments: