Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Fun & Halloween

It's been a while since our last post (no surprise there) so here are photos and highlights from our last month.

We've been celebrating Halloween for the past week it seems. It started last Saturday with trick-or-treating in downtown Wheaton, followed by a pumpkin carving/costume party for small group on Tuesday, a kids costume party for our moms group at church on Wednesday and the real deal trick-or-treating last night. I would say we have gotten our money's worth when it comes to that lion costume - especially considering this is year #2 of Caleb as the little lion man and I bought it from a consignment store (not to mention that his baby brother will make his own appearance in it next year I'm sure). I take back every negative word I ever spoke against my mom for dressing me up as the same darn clown for what seemed like six years in a row (although she claims it was only three).

Caleb & Tim downtown Wheaton.

He's a caged animal (come to think of it - a cage wouldn't be such a bad thing sometimes :))

Small group pumpkin carving
The final products were quite impressive (can you tell we're parents by the Elmo and Cookie Monster pumpkins we carved? Caleb wasn't as impressed as I thought he should be)

There aren't too many costumes out there for the 9 month preggos - nothing a cheap goodwill bball jersey and a little orange paint couldn't fix though.

Plus, people keep telling me I have a basketball in my belly. This used to bother me, but after seeing this, I would have to agree.

Doesn't Tim make a great Mario?!

"Is it cheese, dad??"
"No, son. It's pumpkin guts"
"I guess I'll see what they feel like"
"Ewwww!"

This is my favorite picture from the week - it's these moments that made the rainy trick-or-treating worth it.

Couldn't get Caleb to stand still for two seconds

Caleb just woke up so I don't have time to organize the rest of the photos in a clear timeline or by event, but they're cute nonetheless:

Caleb's Poppy & Gagu were here earlier in October 

A little Saturday morning donut stop at the French Market

Caleb and his buddy Gavin taking a break from playing to enjoy (and eventually steal each other's) snack

Caleb was in heaven having a Grammy all to himself to read books and play while Tim and I enjoyed the Homecoming festivities at Wheaton


This was the best photo I could get of Caleb with pumpkins at Sonny Acres (a pumpkin farm on steriods)



How can you not love these two??

That face!

And that one

And that one too :)

He cannot get enough of his ma mows (clearly "lawn mowers" in toddler talk) 


Reading to Teddy - my heart melts 

There's no better way to play than sans shirt (he's figuring out how to take his clothes off... we're in trouble)

"Dude - stop it with the photos already!"


1 comment:

J Richardson said...

Reading to Teddy - one of my all-time favorite pictures. So poignant. Wonderful post!