Saturday, August 25, 2012

College Reunion 2012

Last weekend was one I've been looking forward to for months. My college roomies/friends came in from all over the country for a girls (& babies) weekend together. Planning this weekend is becoming a more momentous occasion each year as the number of babes is growing exponentially. The first year there was just one babe. Last year there were 3 and this year there were a whopping 7! How fun it was getting to know one another's kids and watching each woman take on the role of motherhood with such grace and beauty. As a mom myself, it was also very encouraging being around other moms that humbly strive to raise their kids to know and love the Lord.

I'll admit though that my favorite part of each day was when all the kids would be in bed and we could catch up and share joys and struggles from the past year. In the days and weeks following this reunion each year, I promise myself that I will not let another year pass where I fail to intentionally keep these relationships strong and close. Even though we meet each summer and easily fall back into close community, my prayer and hope is that this closeness will remain  strong throughout the year regardless of the many miles that separate us.

Finally got all the kids settled
Trying to get the kids settled
What beautiful babes! We considered it quite the feat that we actually got all of them to sit still for 2 minutes. You can't tell from the picture, but every single parent is standing above the circle of kids doing whatever silly thing we can to get them to smile. Only second after taking this, the four little babies of the group were overwhelmed and screaming.


Caleb is excited to spend time with his buds.

Precious Everly (Jori's baby)
Lisa's second, Gavin
Caleb is just learning to sit.
The face plant followed just moments after this photo
Such a happy boy!




No comments: